Thursday, October 1, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness { Month }


October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and a great time to kick off the season of giving. Two years ago my Mom, Aunt and I completed the 60 mile 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk in San Diego. It was one of the most rewarding {and difficult!} experiences I've ever had. While I'm not participating this year, I've already donated to one brave woman who is walking in support of so many women. I also plan to cheer on all the walkers in San Diego this year to show them my support and appreciation for the amazing task they're taking on.

And I will donate half of all October sales from my etsy site to breast cancer research.

So what will you do this October? Are you planing a walk? A race? Will you donate? Get a screening? Even something small will make a BIG difference.

The NFL is supporting Breast Cancer Awareness month by supplying pink wristbands, helmet stickers, pink goal posts and more. {Thank you to Chad OchoCinco's twitter page for cluing me in on this - yes I follow NFL players on Twitter.}

Even shopping can make a difference. And who doesn't love that? Each retailer below is donating a portion of its sales of related products to Breast Cancer Awareness efforts. Happy shopping!

6 comments:

Hugs, Mal! said...

Lacoste watch ... pink, helps breast cancer awareness and has a Gator on it ... LOVE!!! Something after my very own heart.

leaca said...

Great post....we all should at the very least go get screened.

Melissa Moore said...

Shelby, This month along with Prostate Cancer awareness month are two very big months for me and my family as we have been touched by both in more ways than one. Loved your post and I have already donated on behalf of my best friend who walked in the Seattle 3-day!! Oh and the NFL twitter following....cracking me up I would so follow them if I tweeted

. said...

I love all this stuff that supports breast cancer!

Lyndsy said...

Love the watch! I will be heading to Sephora to check out the goodies that I can donate!

Stacie said...

I've donated to a friend who is walking this Sunday and we wore all of her "Team" shirts today at work. You know I'm a big "ta-ta" supporter!!! Thanks for posting this!