Thursday, October 20, 2011

my "aha" recipe

if you know me at all - you know I looooove salsa. like I would eat it with a spoon if no one was around. i sometimes just have chips and salsa for lunch.....or dinner. so imagine my delight when I discovered the genius that is salsa soup in martha stewart's everyday food mag. it was such a lightbulb moment for me! how had I never thought of this? it's sooo simple and the possibilities are endless. so far I've dried roasted red pepper and chipotle - preferring the chipotle.
give it a go and let me know what combinations you come up with.

I'm also excited to try some salsa verde with extra cilantro - possibly chilled for a summer treat?

2 comments:

Tara Holmes said...

Looks yummy Shelbs. Can't help but picturing you eating salsa out of the jar with a spoon though. :)

Krissy :: Miss B and Hustle said...

I have chips and salsa for dinner more than I'd like to admit! Favorite food, hands down! I totally need to try this soup...