Sunday, January 11, 2009

The { YELLOW } Dress

My favorite way to wear yellow is with a fresh, feminine dress. Which is exactly why I chose them as my bridesmaids dresses. (More on that later). Here I'll share with you a few yellow dress styles that I wouldn't mind having in my wardrobe.













Maybe its seeing Michelle Williams in the gorgeous Vera Wang dress she wore to the Oscars or maybe it's because I've actually heard of the nominees this year, either way I am SO excited for the Golden Globes tonight. Especially the red carpet.

Do you think we'll be seeing more of the "color of the year"? Maybe we'll continue to see more purple and jewel tones? Perhaps some classic black and white? What would you like to see this year?

{top left: Zac Posen, top right: J. Crew, middle left: Marc Jacobs, middle right: Diane Von Furstenberg, bottom left: Vera Wang, bottom right: Oscar De La Renta}

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I want them all! You cannot go wrong they look so good on the skin and these choices are fabulous and feminine, I especially love the ruffles.

Ok now I need to put a new yellow dress on my to do list. ;)

xo

Shelby said...

Aren't they gorgeous!? Let me know when you find that dress!

Anonymous said...

I've always loved the dress Michelle Williams wore. Why, oh why do I never have occasion to wear something that glamorous?

Melanie said...

I love the dress Michelle is wearing. She looked so beautiful.

I love purple/lilac but I would like to see more of aquamarine/jade tones. Pastel is just a favourite of mine.

Dallas Shaw said...

I read last year that yellow actually is perfect for all completions and that you should buy a yellow bathing suit if you'd like to compliment a tan! :)

dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

Shelby said...

Vanessa - I agree we need to make up more occasions to get dressed up.

Melanie, I was hoping to see more jeweled tones too but looks like it was a lot of pastels and muted tones.

Dallas, I love that! I'm definitely buying something yellow this year!

Anonymous said...

I heart, HEART that yellow J.Crew dress with the ruffles. And when I saw Michelle Williams wearing those red lips with her yellow dress...wow.

I love yellow, and with my dark hair I always seem to get compliments when I wear it. I think it's a great, happy, spring/summery color and I think it'll be very popular this year!

Unknown said...

Love love love them! Who could have a bad day when wearing yellow?

dee said...

Yellow has always always always been my favorite color, and these...with all the ruffles...I love each and every one.

Anonymous said...

Yellow is my favorite too.!! Thanks for sharing beautiful yellow dresses.