Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Tour - Rancho Valencia

I'm not sure if I told you guys that Rich and I had our wedding tasting the other day at Rancho Valencia (where we're getting married) and it was one of the best meals I've EVER HAD! And the best part? It was totally free! Free apps, free wine (2 bottles) free entrees and free dessert! After we stuffed ourselves silly and got a good buzz we walked around the property and took some photos. So here is your officially unofficial tour of Rancho Valencia. (Oh and my Song of the Day is O Valencia by The Decemberists - how fitting!)


The shot above is part of the Sunrise Patio where Rich and I will be saying our "I Dos" right there under that little trellis thing (the table will not be there - but most of you will!)



This is one of my "artsy" shots. The tile is part of the fountain that is featured on the Sunrise Patio. However the fountain will be turned off during the ceremony as it is a little noisy....



This shot above is of my very favorite part of the property - the Fountain Courtyard. This is where my guests will feast on delicious appetizers, sip wine and listen to some relaxing tunes during the cocktail hour.
Beyond the fountain in that little doorway is the bar...I have a feeling guests will be hovering in that area.



Up there is Rich getting his double fisted groove on in the Terrace Room where the reception will be held. Take a good look folks because you won't see him doing this very often. I think it's his "I'm so happy to be marrying Shelby dance."



Ahh the pool, located near the spa. Ahh.



And I'll leave you with these out of focus palm trees and my out of focus lights...but this is probably what you'll be seeing after several glasses of champagne anyway ;)

Hope you enjoyed your Tour De Rancho Valencia! See you in September!!

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

I. Love. It! I cannot wait! Gorgeous! I am also exciting for the food and drinks :) Oh and think of all the fab pics you can have by that pretty tile wall!

Marge said...

Eeek I cannot wait!!!!!!!! xo

Stacie said...

Yes, you forgot to mention! ;) LOVE IT! Please photoshop me onto one of those pool lounge chairs - I will be relaxing there on the morning of the wedding!
PS Imagining Rich boogeying made me LOL!

Lindsay said...

I mean I am also excitED about the dood and drinks. Clearly waking up before 6 AM does not agree with me.

Anonymous said...

AHHH! I love it. That just made me more excited that I already was. I cant wait

Lyndsy said...

Yay, Yay and Yay! I love the shots, love the scene and love you and Rich! Did I mention yay? I cannot wait to see all your little touches and you in your beautiful dress!

Erin said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Your wedding is going to be fabulous!! The perfect day!

cassandra said...

what a gorgeous location!! your wedding is going to be STUNNING! love that last shot ...

Lindsay said...

This time I mean FOOD. What was wrong with me that day?