Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Allow me to brag about myself....


I heart the Del Mar Fair. There's just something about being on the top of the ferris wheel and looking out over the Pacific Ocean that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.


And this year I especially love the Del Mar Fair because Rich and I entered some of our photos into their photo exhibit and some of them were actually picked! Rich had about 5 0r 6 photos picked and earned about 4 honorable mentions. I had one photo picked (but didn't win any awards)



Here's me posing by my little photo....Now here's where the bragging comes in. Rich met a guy who was a judge for the exhibit and this judge guy expressed to Rich how difficult it is to get your photos picked in the first place, let alone win awards. I guess it's an international competition amongst pro photographers and stuff. Huh? What? and they chose my photo? Maybe they felt sorry for me :)

Anyway, Rich is the real hero in this story. 4 honorable mentions! I'm so proud! We're really looking forward to next year when we can actually be prepared to submit our photos (rather than doing it all the night before the submission deadline)



Leaving the fair and sneaking in a few shots on the way out....See you next year Del Mar Fair!


3 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats!!! That's SO awesome, I love your photos! You are my photography inspiration... :)

Marge said...

wow that is so cool! you two get gold stars ;) xo

Anonymous said...

Thats so cool Shelbs. Congrats to both you and Rich.